- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer your information internationally
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
- Do you need extra help?
Who we are
This website is operated by RVM Systems Limited. We are company registered in England and Wales with company number 10587769 and our registered address is 5 Jupiter House Calleva Park, Aldermaston, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom, RG7 8NN. We are the market leaders in reverse vending and deposit return. For more information see www.rvmsystems.co.uk/about-rvm-systems.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to provide you with further services and information on our products and services. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, contact us, make a sales enquiry, send us feedback, post material to our website and complete customer surveys via our website.
We collect this personal information from you directly, such as when you contact us.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name
- email address
- telephone number
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services you require
- information about the services we provide to you
We use this personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
- provide customer support
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose. Where processing is under this legal basis, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- vital interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life
- public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
When information is collected
What information we ask for
How and why we use your information
When you contact us
Contact details: your name, email address and telephone number
We ask for this:
— to communicate with you
— to provide our goods and services to you
— to provide information on our goods and services to you
As the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information, we rely on legitimate interests where you are not our customer and contract where you are our customer.
Depending on the context, our legitimate interests are responding to your enquiries, processing a sales enquiry or responding to feedback.
Who we share your personal information with
We will share your personal information with our employees to enable them to provide our services to you.
RVM Systems Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of RVM Systems AB. RVM Systems AB is a company registered in Sweden with organisation number SE56614-4662 whose registered address is Dackevagen 33, 177 34 Jarfalla, Sweden. Your personal information will be shared with RVM Systems AB as our owner.
We also share your information with third parties to help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customise, support and market our services. We undertake appropriate measures to ensure that these third parties are compliant with data protection laws and security and always ensure that the appropriate legal documentation is in place.
We use service providers to provide website and application development and support, hosting, maintenance, back-up, storage, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you.
If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, and must abide by our policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain personal information where we have a contractual, legal or legitimate obligation to do so. We will retain such information for as long as reasonably required to meet such contractual, legal or legitimate obligations. We may have to retain your information for a number of years in order to satisfy these obligations. For example, we may need to comply with an applicable UK, EU or international law with regards to tax and accounting requirements.
When we have no purpose and lawful grounds to use your information, we will take reasonable steps to delete or anonymise it.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
We require you to provide your name and email address and, depending on the circumstances, your telephone number to enable us to process a sales enquiry, respond to any communication or process an order for our goods or services. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Transferring your information internationally
Your personal information may be transferred and processed in countries other than in the country in which you live. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of the country in which you reside.
We do not currently transfer your personal information to countries which are located outside the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA).
If this changes, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to a suitable relevant safeguards e.g. European Commission approved contract (as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation) that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How do we use social media?
We may use social media and social networking services for promoting our business and communicating with you. In order to do this, we require the use of third party service providers, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Wordpress, and YouTube.
Our social media pages, groups, feeds and channels are administered by these third parties:
Our Facebook page is administered by Facebook, in accordance with Facebook's Data Policy available at www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
We do not export information on our followers from these social media platform to our own systems unless we have your explicit consent to do so or your public profile is linked to your organisation (e.g. LinkedIn).
We may message you directly through social media if you contact us through these platforms. We aim to delete these messages as soon as is reasonably possible.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us,
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us please send an email to UKSales@rvmsystems.com,
Write to RVM Systems, Winnington House 2 Woodberry Grove, Finchley, London, United Kingdom, N12 0DR or call 01506 537302.
Do you need extra help?